Nothing can compliment an Authentic Italian dinner better that a glass of fine wine, fresh Italian bread and the perfect meatball. This is an old secret family recipe that we use in our restaurant and we have been told by many that it’s the best meatball recipe ever. It is very popular with our customers and has had slight modification throughout the years to get it just right. The meatballs are served with all of our pasta dinners and are also used in our meatball sandwich. Combine these meatballs with your favorite pasta dish and sauce, and you’ll have a meal the whole family will enjoy.
This recipe will make 4 servings, (approximately 3 meatballs each), plus you’ll have 4 additional servings for guests, or for lunches or to freeze for another meal. The prep time is only a quick 15 minutes plus 10 to 12 minutes of cook time.
- ¼ cup of minced onions
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 pounds of ground beef (lean)
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup of bread crumbs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of onion power
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil & onions to a small skillet. Cook until tender over medium heat, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together in bowl then add the onions. Using a large serving spoon mix until blended.
4. Next shape the beef mixture into about a 1 to 2 inch sized meatball and place on a the baking sheet.
5. Finally, bake the meatballs until thoroughly cooked, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutritional Value per serving:
21 Grams of total fat
7 grams of saturated fat
142 milligrams of cholesterol
224 milligrams of sodium 224
Here is another great recipe that may interest you, Best Meatloaf Recipe.